Delicious and healthy, wheat berries are easy to cook and massively underused in modern recipes. The subtle nutty and earthy flavour is the perfect complement to your salads, soups and can even hold its own as a delicious side served with fresh vegetables. Get creative, and add a bit of water to your wheat berries to grow sprouts you can put on your sandwiches.
With superior nutrition, amazing taste, and a beautiful texture, you can’t go wrong.
- Certified Organic by Pro-cert and fully intact, meaning the naturally occurring nutrients are intact as well.
- Comes from Will Robins from Maida Vale Farms, Laura, Sask.
- Use in salads, soups, chillies, or as a tasty side to compliment your fresh vegetables.
- Nutty, earthy flavour, and delightful chewy texture.
- The wheat kernel is high in protein, fiber, and iron.
- Use the sprouts to get your vitamin E, antioxidants, and magnesium
- Very similar to cooking rice - boil, or use an instant pot or slow cooker.
- Can be used to mill your own flour at home.
- Optimize freshness by storing in a cool, dry pantry, sealed tightly for up to 6 months.
- For a longer shelf-life, keep in your freezer for up to 12 month.
- Explore our mouth-watering recipes here to inspire your next dinner.
*Free Shipping does not apply to 20kg bags
Farmer: Will Robins
Farm: Maida Vale Farm
Origin: Laura, SK
- Milled into whole wheat flour
- Flaked, which can be cooked into a fresh porridge or used in your favorite fruit crisp topping, muesli, granola or dessert bars
- Sprouted, which you can enjoy whole kernels in a raw, high fiber breakfast cereal by soaking grains overnight or 10-12 hrs in the refrigerator.
- Boiled or pressure cooked, which can be served as a delightful, chewy, and versatile rice substitute or used in soups, salads, risottos and fillings.