I came across this super easy sourdough discard rhubarb crisp recipe on Instagram. It was 100% as easy as it sounded and a new family favourite!
- 4 cups of chopped rhubarb
- 5 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
In a 10” cast iron skillet, add:
- chopped rhubarb
- fresh or frozen strawberries
(Be sure the skillet is filled with fruit, adjust your cups accordingly)
*add more strawberries if you prefer sweeter
- add your rhubarb and strawberries to your skillet. Adjust your filling depending on the size of your skillet. If you prefer sweeter, add more strawberries.
- combine flour, oats, and sugar in a separate bowl and mix together.
- add in butter and combine until crumbly.
- add discard and mix thoroughly. (don't be afraid to get your hands in there.)
Spread crumble on top of rhubarb/strawberry mix and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40mins.