- 1 cup Red Fife Multipurpose Flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsalted butter soften
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ chopped toasted walnuts (optional but recommended)
*If you are going nut-free, skip this step.
Preheat your oven to 350 F. Chop your ½ cup of walnuts and lay them on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins until they start to brown. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add in the rolled oats and set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, honey, and coconut sugar together for 2 mins in your mixer. Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, including raisins and walnuts, to the wet ingredients and mix on a low speed until combined.
Cover the cookies dough tightly with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats and set aside.
- Once our dough is chilled, remove it from the refrigerator. Then, using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place it onto baking sheets.
- Roll the dough into balls and gently press down to flatten each dough ball slightly. Leave a little room between each dough ball as they spread while baking.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and the tops are set. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.