Ingredients (makes 1 loaf)
- 1.5 cup grated fresh zucchini (about 1-2 medium zucchinis)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg (Or make it plant-based with flax egg; 1 tbsp ground flax whisked with 3 tbsp warm-hot water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 ½ cup (180g) Red Fife Multi-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chopped
Preheat your oven to 350F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
Grate the zucchini and place it in a colander to gently drain off some liquid. Do this rather than wringing out the zucchini, the extra moisture will help the loaf!
Whisk the brown sugar, egg or flax egg, vanilla, and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. It will be quite a thick batter!
Fold in the grated zucchini until evenly dispersed, followed by the chopped chocolate.
Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Check with a toothpick in the center, the loaf is ready when it comes out clean.
Let the loaf rest in the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Slice while warm if you like, and enjoy!
Photo Credit: @handful.of.flour