-1 2/3 cup (170g) organic unsalted butter*, cut into 1 Tbsp pieces
-1 1/3 cups (300g) organic sugar (melted together with butter)
-1 tsp Redman’s real salt
-6 large eggs
-4 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/3 cup (Better Basics Red Fife Multi-Purpose Flour)
-1 cup (100g) unsweetened cocoa powder** (spoon and level)
-1 cup (128g) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare baking dish: spray and 9 x 6-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together.***Chloe did this by putting a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water. She turned down the boil and slowly melted the butter and chocolate together. Once melted she added the sugar and dissolved the sugar into the chocolate butter. She chose this method to avoid burning the Chocolate or butter.
*Chloe believes this is the key to her moist brownies! **Let this cool for 10 mins
- Mix eggs and vanilla to wet ingredients. **break up the yokes.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients: add in flour, cocoa powder and salt. (You can add a small amount of chocolate chips here also if you wish) Fold and stir mixture with wooden spoon just until combined.
- Add batter to pan: pour into prepared baking dish. Spread into an even layer.
- Top with walnuts and finishing salt
- Bake in preheated oven just until barely set, about 40 – 46 minutes (toothpick may have a bit of sticky batter, careful not to over-bake).
- Cool before cutting (if you can wait!): let cool completely on a wire rack then cut into individual squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.