Yields two loaves
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups Better Bread Flour
- 3 tbsp soft butter
- 2 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- Allow the warm milk, active dry yeast and 2 tbsp sugar to sit in a bowl together (about 5 minutes).
- *IF USING A BREAD MACHINE you would add all remaining ingredients with the yeast mixture to a bread & machine and only use on the dough setting. Do not bake in it! IF USING A STAND MIXER START MIXING!
- Continue mixing until everything is combined.
- Knead your dough well with dough hook on medium speed for 6-8 mins.
- Cover with wet towel or cling wrap and let rise for 1 hr in a warm place. I typically rise in my oven with the light on.
- Once you've completed the first rise, turn/knead the dough a few times and shape into two loaf pans.
- Rise again in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake on 350 until golden brown. 35-45 min usually (my oven
- was 45 mins)